Advantages of a Fish Pond
- Fish contribute to your pond’s ecology, and can improve the general health of your pond.
- Fish love mosquitoes, so can solve the problem of those little pests maturing in slower moving parts of your water flow.
- Visual effect of the bright colors of most common pond fish is like adding moving pictures over a pretty print.
- Fish are easy pets – you might have to feed them, but you never have to take them for a walk, and they’ll never, under any circumstances, use your home as their potty!
Disadvantages of a Fish Pond
- Increased expense to install a deeper pond and purchase the fish and supplies.
- Cost of food and time to feed is ongoing.
- Increased maintenance time , such as deicing during winter months so the pond doesn’t freeze over entirely to allow for gas exchange.